Poll: Mindless hatred for the Xbone?

Funyahns

Sep 2, 2012
Well somehow when I am shopping I would prefer not to spend my money on something that the slogan is. "It's not that bad". It is not mindless hate, it really seems like Microsoft is taking sides with Publishers over consumers. So good luck to Microsoft, but the only thing that I want to do with the Xbox One is to watch the PR people they have flounder about like idiots saying stupid things, back peddle and then reconfirm.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
For me, it's options 1 and 2. Microsoft fouled up, and Sony is offering a superior product for my needs as a consumer. I wouldn't say it's blind hatred at all.

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
KingsGambit said:
You can tell this thread is written by a teen. There's nothing "mindless" about the anger directed at MS for the XB3. And it's anger, not hatred. Anger, maybe disappointment. Like hatred, I'm sure they both lead to the dark side, but there's a difference. Anyone who has genuine hatred for the company or its forthcoming new console has issues that ought to be discussed with a mental health professional.

BTW, why does this need to be it's own thread when there are already plenty of others discussing this exact same thing?
You have a point, perhaps hatred was a wrong word. But you have to agree that the overall atmosphere is far from rainbows and sunshine.

I can recognise condescension when I see it, this is a public forum. Opinions are rife and freely given, if you have a problem with it I recommend exiting the thread and moving on.

As far as I know ( And until someone corrects me otherwise or gives a link ) there are LITTLE if not no threads at all discussing this. The majority of the Xbone threads pretty much revolve around a link/video/quotation of Microsoft once again shooting itself in the foot and the ensuing thunder storm off rage/confusion/amusement and general lulz.

Heck I can give you some examples right now

Xbox one alienates the military.
Get banned on your Xbox One? Say goodbye to your games!
Why any hope you have in the Xbox One is misplaced.

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
Also for the sake of the argument, "hatred" was the wrong word to use, maybe disdain or dislike?

Its annoying to see the same OGM ITS NAWT HATWED point over and over again.

Evil Cabbage

Mar 26, 2011
Well, to respond to the OP's question, it's not so much that people don't recognize good parts of the Xbox One, but rather that the bad parts render all of them essentially meaningless to most people.

On a purely personal note, I actually preferred Xbox One's exclusives, however I won't be buying the console due to the reasons other people have explained.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I personally love the Xbone for what it's done to validate my extremely deep-seated and quite well-reasoned hatred of Microsoft as an organization... it epitomizes their standard approach to every innovation that has hit the PC market since Y2K, and is the same move they made with the original Xbox... one.

Consoles need to remain their own thing. I can already build a PC that will outperform the Xbone, attach it to the same display as the Xbone and use the same basic control scheme as the Xbone... with access to everything a PC does, as well. Soon enough, It'll be easy to do that for the same price as the Xbone (and honestly, you can already outperform its CPU for the same money. The only thing you can't yet match with a $500 build is that modified on-chip Radeon 7790. Once the next APU generation is out... or at most 3 generations, probably early 2014, I imagine that will be doable).

...so a console that's just a shitty, locked-down gaming PC with no advantages over an actual gaming PC is pretty useless to anyone more informed than an average potato. It was true of the Xbox, and it's doubly true of the Xbone.
...but at least it's running on x86 hardware again. Got one thing right.

That said, Sony is showing surprising restraint, considering which way the corporate winds are blowing. "We won't fuck you much harder than before, but neither will we stand in the way of publishers fucking you. Also, look at the other guys, they're just blatantly waiting to sodomize you!" Very Switzerland.

orc1231515

Mar 18, 2010
Wesley Au said:
I just refuse to believe that there is nothing good about it. There is ALWAYS a silver lining regardless how horrible the situation.
To me the silver lining of this situation is clear and obvious, this entire media scandal is the silver lining!
If we had kept quit what would sony have done? Now because the Microsoft screwed up and we complainend Sony chose a different option.

But why would you look for a silver lining in the product?
look at it like this:
I produe a car which drives 3 miles to the gallon, has a top speed of 100 Mile/hour, is unsafe as hell but otherwhise gives me a lot of options not needed in a car that might be nice.
My friend introduced a nearly identical car which goes 20 miles to the gallon, 200 mile/hour etc, etc but costs $100 less.
nobody will buy my car and again the only silver lining is me not trying to sell junk again.(assuming I learn)

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Wesley Au said:
I mean, I don't like the Xbone ( And I own an extremely worn out white 360 ) , but don't you think all this mindless hatred is going a bit far?
I haven't seen any mindless hatred (apart from the occasional "FAKC MICRO!!" posts). All the hatred I have seen has been clearly directed at massive issues with the Xbone. Yes it has some interesting features such as the voice recognition, but those are so far outweighed by the bad ideas that they are not really worth mentioning.

The hatred is necessary to show micro$oft that it's behavior is unacceptable.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Even though everything has a silver lining if you look close enough it doesn't mean you should disregard every bad thing about it. That would be foolish. The Xbone is brandishing some very customer unfriendly ideas about ownership and in my mind that is almost inexcusable with any "silver linings" you might think of.

It does have a better lineup of exclusives right now than the PS4 though.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I like maintaining my consumer rights. Xbox One does not. We're at an impasse, it and I, and it's an impasse that results in me not buying it.

And Microsoft has done nothing to sway me otherwise.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
OT:
No, there isn't "mindless" hatred towards the Xbone, much in the same way there isn't mindless hatred towards criminals. It's entirely reasonable that people really, really, really, really don't like the Xbone.

The hatred began with rumours, but people kept a relatively open mind. It was all talk of "No, they wouldn't". Then, they did. And since then, virtually everything we've heard about the Xbone has been really, really, really, really bad. Hell, practically daily there's a new article somewhere informing people about some new aspect of the entire Xbone saga.

The hatred, open and free flowing, should be evident of the changes Microsoft are attempting to bring about, and that all of their competitors have openly rejected.

I personally hope that the hate keeps up, right up until launch, to minimise the number of honest and hard working gamers and families that are going to be completely fucked over by this thing.
Fuck, I'll personally stick flyers up across my nearest capital City if it helps. No one - no one at all - should be subjected to this... "console".

Rickin10

Mar 16, 2013
When you're a huge company with an already spotty record at best, then you actively spit in the face of your core market, try to deceive and patronize can you really expect anything else?

I'm actually rather heartened by the sheer level of vitriol being hurled at M$. For too long gamers have just sat back an accepted a load of hugely shitty policies, while publishers in particular have been pushing and pushing to see how much they could get away with.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I think it's important for all of this hate to reach Microsoft so they can get their shit together, change what we don't like about the system, and make a better system that I'll actually want to buy. The problem with this, is I don't think that they'll listen to anything. They'll make their shitty system with it's shitty things about it, and all we can do about it is not buy it.

Unfortunately, there are going to be sheeple with anything no matter what kind of opinion about that something is, that's just the nature of people who don't like thinking for themselves.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Wesley Au said:
So thats it then? The Xbone is COMPLETELY worthless and not worth the metal its made with? Is that the whole point of the possibly hundreds of hate-threads on the internet? That....is disturbing. So far nothing in creation has ever been wholly negative. Even the Nazis, for all the abominations they have done, did contribute to the development of the first space rockets and their deeds formed the basis of the international war crime court.

I just refuse to believe that there is nothing good about it. There is ALWAYS a silver lining regardless how horrible the situation.

Well since Goodwins Law has just been invoked (by the OP no less) I guess I can add my point.

Yes there is a silver lining.

It's that corporations can see that treating customers like shit won't fly.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
There is nothing "smart" or "unbiased" about refusing to acknowledge that some things have more merit than others.

This thread reminds me of how Young Earth creationsist, or homeopathy advocates are demanding equal representation coverage in the news, in the name of "unbiased journalism".

Sometimes, everyone criticises you because you are really that bad. And sometimes everyone ignores you because you are really that irrelevant.

Humans deserve equal treatment. Ideas, products, works, and services need to EARN equal treatment, by being equally good to their competition.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Wait wait wait, hold up here.

In the first two sentences you give (a few of) the reasons people hate the Xbone.

Then you still continue to call it jumping on the bandwagon blind?

Just because a lot of people have the same opinion, doesn't mean it is not THEIR opinion. It actually means the Xbone well and truly sucks fat donkey balls.

erbi79

Apr 21, 2013
You missed a 4th possible answer
"I am a PC Gamer, thus have been in a forced relationship with Microsoft for many many years, so their policies don't surprise me, and it's just good old schadenfreude at their expense" :)

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Microsoft have made zero effort to appeal to me before, and this Xbone debacle has only sunk them deeper. Until their business practices stop sucking Satan's thorny boner, and they bring out some exclusive games that I'd actually want to play, they can get the fuck out of my face.