The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:
It seems his disposition on the subject has improved a lot: http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217846115867955200
Yeah, it does. Poor guy. I'm totally making stuff up here, but I trust my intuition, so I don't mind guessing that he's kind of coming back from a mood swing and replaying the last few days with a new perspective that consists mostly of a dawning sense of horror.
its called coming down from a hypomanic episode, look it up
this. With as many health and mental issues spoony has, its amazing he can stay together.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
I watch most of spoony's stuff on his site so this doesn't bother me to much. I am sad to see that this was started over something so meaningless. I will continue to watch both sites cause I like stuff on both.

Damien Granz

Apr 8, 2011
It's not terribly surprising considering if you read anything he posts that isn't on his video he has about 0 tolerance for anything he didn't already agree with and was likely to fly off the handle, even if it's some mundane shit like you disagreed with what cola you liked better.

He's always come off as the 'alpha got to have it my way' sort, so it's not surprising that he couldn't handle criticism of any sort when it came from a co-worker. He handled it not at all well when it came from faceless internet goons. There's been times where he's had to shut down his comment pages and even thought about shutting down his forum just because some people didn't like the videos he made. And, I guess if you're quasi-internet famous and faceless trolls can flip your shit, there's no way you can handle anything substantial from people that are partially paying your bills and actually matter.

Him being depressed or suffering from some mental illness does make it more the sad, but not any more surprising.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Jegsimmons said:
or the christmas special abortion joke, the casper abortion incest joke, the deleted autism joke, ect.
I found the casper joke kind of funny...and he did later realise the autism joke probably wasnt right so he fixed it..I see no issue there

Jegsimmons said:
https://twitter.com/Karkitty612/status/215979320424939520

When i see shit like this, i start thinking spoony may not be the actual start of the problem.
It almost seems that people on TGWTG wanted him gone for a while.

And i dont care what someone says.....you dont fucking say that shit in that tweet, that is some cold evil speech right there.

i hope sage, linkara, joe and brad leave CA and join spoony, cool guys like that dont need to be associated with assholes.

kinda wish the Walkers would just lay down some law, but i think they're under contract or something.
while I think that tweet is dusgusting you can;t deamonise the enitre site for that one guys tweet...plsu isnt everyone say he hasnt been involved with the site in agies?...also I don;t think spoony is 100% innocent

also I disagree abotu nostalga Chick...I think her videos have been getting better ans shes by far my favorite...her videos are funny but also itneresting because instead of mugging at the camer and sumarising the plot (nostalga critic) she actually talk about the content in an an interesting way...

but then thats just me

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
It's called coming down from a hypomanic episode. Let me Google that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hypomania
Oh, come off it. I know what it's called, assuming he does, in fact, have bipolar II disorder (let's remember it's not the first diagnosis he's received, which means his previous one, his current one, or both could be misdiagnoses). That's why I phrased it the way I did: I don't have the tools or the testimony to describe it in good conscience as a hypomanic episode, but I can and will say with an untroubled heart that he seems to be having a change in his perspective right now. Whether it fits the pathology for a bipolar disorder is irrelevant to me. I'm only interested in the sense I get of how he's feeling right now.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
You wonder why spoony loses his shit at people, the very first comment in his announcement about the 4 year anniversary vid is EXACTLY what he asked people NOT to do in the header.

https://www.facebook.com/spoonyexperiment

in case you cant see it heres the header

Please attempt to remain civil in these comments. Despite my recent departure from Channel Awesome, I?m still very proud to be a part of the TGWTG 4-year Anniversary movie. I really hope you enjoy it

and heres the 1st comment.

Lol I personally cannot give a fuck less about TGWTG that site was always shit, the only ones i watch are you, Joe, and sage

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
JimB said:
renaissance_nerd said:
It's called coming down from a hypomanic episode. Let me Google that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hypomania
Oh, come off it. I know what it's called, assuming he does, in fact, have bipolar II disorder (let's remember it's not the first diagnosis he's received, which means his previous one, his current one, or both could be misdiagnoses). That's why I phrased it the way I did: I don't have the tools or the testimony to describe it in good conscience as a hypomanic episode, but I can and will say with an untroubled heart that he seems to be having a change in his perspective right now. Whether it fits the pathology for a bipolar disorder is irrelevant to me. I'm only interested in the sense I get of how he's feeling right now.
Now obviously I can't confirm or deny a diagnosis. But after a quick google search of bipolar II disorder, it really does fit really well with pretty much all of Spoony's visable and rumoured behaviour of late.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
hmmm the plot thickens.. sort of

http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217848697243963392
Hey man, how about you take a break. I mean I love the guy too and hes very entertaining to watch, but I don't think we need live updates constantly through the thread. I mean 32 pages is enough right?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
guidance said:
renaissance_nerd said:

Hey man, how about you take a break. I mean I love the guy too and hes very entertaining to watch, but I don't think we need live updates constantly through the thread. I mean 32 pages is enough right?
sorry I was asked to provide material that Spoony's mood was indeed improving so that what i am doing, I can stop though.

gookygox

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
sorry I was asked to provide material that Spoony's mood was indeed improving so that what i am doing, I can stop though.
Understandable, however I cared for my older sister most of my life who lives with Bipolar II. From a realistic standpoint it's unlikely that his mood will remain stable at this point (even if he started meds TODAY). Though I think we're ALL glad to see him tweeting as he has been today.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
guidance said:
renaissance_nerd said:

It's cool, I just didn't want this to turn into Spoony's twitter update thread. Trying to prove a point go right on ahead.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
MrMan999 said:
The only one in this Drama who is acting like a professional is JesuOtaku. Every one else. Especially Lupa and Spoony, are acting like a petulant child.
The internet - making brats even more insufferable since... whenever the internet was invented. The 70's or something.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
gookygox said:
renaissance_nerd said:
Understandable, however I cared for my older sister most of my life who lives with Bipolar II. From a realistic standpoint it's unlikely that his mood will remain stable at this point (even if he started meds TODAY). Though I think we're ALL glad to see him tweeting as he has been today.
oh yea hes not going to see any amount of regular stability until well into whatever treatment his doctor is giving him, but its good to see him actually joking again.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
well the war is over, the white flag has been raised, (though it was really his underwear) both sides have fought valiantly, and now retired to lick wounds and bury the dead.

the 4th year trailer has just been released and one of the Commanding Generals (though he never told us once to go defend him) mood has lifted,

we all should admit we all kind of acted a little immature, I mean it's not like anyone got murdered or anything.

so as the great Freddie Mercury once sang "the show must go on"

what do you say guys,? good place to end this thread?

I leave you with a hymn, regardless of your religious affiliation I think we can all sympathize with it.

ladies and gentlemen, the King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b98YFK5Oubo

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
I honestly don't know a lot about the twitter messages that were sent back and forth, but I think I get the gist of it. Noah made an off-color remark, Lupa raised hell about it and provoked him, he responded in kind, and was kicked off the site.

Let me ask you this. Do you think that Noah Antwiler is a bad person? Because, let's be frank, this isn't about one comment that was made, it's about the content of his character. Personally, I think he's a really good guy. Sure, he's not perfect, but he presents himself honestly, flaws and all, and that takes a lot of guts. So I don't think he's a bad person.

Second, do you think his videos have merit? That's the other factor, since Channel Awesome wants revenue, and superior content nets them that revenue. I think he's a great reviewer, I like the fact that he can present media both like the Nostalgia Critic (i.e. make fun of the bizarre and crappy parts) and Angry Joe (i.e. endlessly exited about the good aspects without coming off as a fan-boy). I think his videos definitely have merit, from watching his (unfortunately now cancelled) pathfinder game, to getting DMing tips for my own games, to seeing him summarize and describe the Tekken movies.

Finally, I ask you this. Would you honestly have ever heard of Yor: Hunter from the Future if it weren't for the Spoony Experiment? I wouldn't have.

I'm going to keep watching the Spoony Experiment, whether it's on Channel Awesome or not.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
This is awful. He's like essential to the annuals, though I already visit his site. I hope he still does Insano cameos. I wonder if he's STILL going through his long term depression.

Goggles, Lordkat, Bharghav, & Distressed Watcher left too.

Shadrouge

Sep 25, 2005
Chronologist said:
I honestly don't know a lot about the twitter messages that were sent back and forth, but I think I get the gist of it. Noah made an off-color remark, Lupa raised hell about it and provoked him, he responded in kind, and was kicked off the site.

I understand what you're saying in the rest of the comment, but I just thought I better basically address this bit...

In a way, this is sort of a self-perpetuating misunderstanding of the events.

You got the gist of it from here (or similar places), but many of the people here (even, or perhaps especially those that had really vocal opinions) also got the gist of it in similar ways. The whole thing turned into a huge game of chinese whispers, where only the really easy bits to latch onto were perpetuated as people played down, played up, omitted or outright invented events to help reinforce their stance on the whole thing, and the whole thing became overly simplified in the wrong direction.

Your understanding isn't quite what happened, but it's been a heavily outspoken interpretation on the events, and is at least closer to the mark (though still unsavoury) than the conspiracy theories I've seen.

I'm glad the rest of your comment was positive/supportive, in a way unrelated to the interpretation of events, rather than vindictive based on gathered second-hand information.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Chronologist said:
hmm... you kinda raise an interesting point. Spoony was more the one to touch on the negative things. His rants and rages seemed to fill a nitch in review style and tone. NC was more about the wild and nonsensical, Linkara more soft spoken and intellectual sounding, Joe more excited about the positives and spoony covered the rage and negatives. Wonder if that will be noticed in absence?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Pandabearparade said:
GothmogII said:
Don't really know what you're talking about...the only thing TGWTG censors in its videos is nudity. Most everything else is fair game. :/
False. The Amazing Atheist was booted off the site for posting inappropriate content and it had nothing to do with nudity.
False. TJ made a video about why he chose to leave.