Welcome to Sburb! (Dead and Over)

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
>Connor:Forget the nuts, just get on with your quest.

Yeah, you'll find a way to open them later. You put them in your inventory. 29.5 wheight. Cool, you got some room left for a sharp object. OK, now what?

>Connor:Go on the boat, and go to your objective.

You head off to the boat, and play this on your Omni Tool while facing your body faces east as you make poses as your ship goes off!

Just to clear this up, I'm facing east, so the trolls can see how I'm so much more awesome then them 'cause I'm on a mother fucking boat. My boat is still going the right way, not east.

senorcromas

Sep 24, 2009
>Rich: Go check on your UNCLE
...what? Oh! Right! Your UNCLE! He's probably in DANGER! You quit FREAKING THE FUCK OUT with your CORPSE BUDDY.

You decide instead to FREAK THE FUCK OUT all the way to your UNCLE'S STUDY.

>Barge in.

What are you, an animal?! You knock politely twice on the door.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
>Chas: As soon as you pick up the other VASES, switches under each of them click. An UNDERSIZED KEY falls from the ceiling.

After you toss the VASES down one of the pits, you hear a loud, albeit distant grumbling noise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Greg: The Queen leads you back to her palace, located at the heart of Prospit. Once there, she proceeds to give a monologue full of plot relevent details and foreshadowing. It's a pretty epic speech.

After leading you to the palace balcony, the highest point on Prospit (With the exception of your tower, but those are a bit out of reach right now) she tells you to look up.

Doing so, you are almost blinded by the light emitting from the massive planet directly above you. Staring at the world, you can see hundreds of clouds floating around. In them, strange shapes and visions appear. Time seems to stand still as you are subjected to visions of the past, sights of the future, and shards of the present. You see a blood-stained fork, an imp being thrown through space, a vase hurtling to ground hundreds of feet below, a steel d20 flying through the air, a massive cavern full of miniature suns, and a massive burning city.

After a few minutes, you can no longer stand to stare at the clouds. You look away, your mind burning with the sights you have just observed. The Queen looks at you, and then back at the sky. She tells you to treasure what you've seen; Skaia does not show its visions to just anyone.

When she sees that you have no idea what Skaia is, she laughs in a kindly manner. She tells you that Skaia is the center of the Medium, the Battlefield of Prospit and Derse, the Birthplace of the Ultimate Alchemy. It is a place of great power.

You are then told the history of Skaia, of the two Kings who have dueled for eons upon its surface. Locked in an eternal stalemate, they kept each other in check for countless years, waiting for the Heroes to arrive. But that's all changed now. With the many prototypings experienced by both Light and Darkness, the conflict has grown into one of epic proportions, one that spans across the Medium. Prophecy states quite simply that Prospit is destined to lose this fight, unless the Heroes can intervene in time.

You can see the Queen's mood shifting as she tells you this, changing from matter-of-fact to uneasy, from uneasy to frightened.

She says that Prospit is winning the battle. Dersite forces have made several strong pushes, but it is impossible to deny that Prospit is winning the fight. This should not be happening. This cannot be happening.

Finally, the Queen turns to you. Reaching inside her robes, she pulls out a purple envelope, one marked with a Spade. The Queen tells you that she's received word from an agent of Derse, an Archagent by the moniker Jack Noir. He speaks of a truce; he desires to overthrow the Black King and Queen, monarchs of Derse. Such an alliance is unheard of, but at the same time so many lives could be spared... The Queen has failed in her duty; she does not know which course of action to take. She asks you what you would do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Connor: You follow the MAP given you by the Old Turtle. It takes you on a winding path, and you pass by many lonely islands.

Eventually, you reach the destination marked on the MAP. It's another large island, although this one seems to be entirely devoid of life.

>Rich: The door is opened slightly by an IMP. Once he sees you, he hurriedly shuts the door again.

>Xavier: Your STABS manage to take down one of the BASILISKS. The other, seeing his ally fall, backs off a bit, and begins circling you.

Plot!

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Listen to the Queen

You follow behind the Queen,content to just let her lead the way as she seems to know where she is going.But the she is the Queen of Prospit so you would hope she knows where she is going.

All the while,as you walk you can't help but look at the buildings that you pass and get that feeling of familiarity from before.You shake your head and try to clear these feelings but to no avail.Well guess there are worse things to feel...anger for example.

After a bit you arrive at a very large BUILDING which you guess is the WHITE QUEEN'S PALACE,located at the heart of Prospit.You are amazed at the sheer size of it but continue to follow the Queen.

She leads you though the PALACE and up a very large flight of STAIRS.You still have no clue where she is leading you but you trust her judgement.She eventually leads you out onto a BALCONY,which seems to be the highest point Prospit,with the exception of your tower.She then tells you to look up.

In later days you might regret doing so but not now.

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
>Connor: Go on land.

Man, that asshole. You hate him.

Whatever. You anchor your boat off shore and swim to the island that the guy told you about.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>Dirk: Take the key. Solve the puzzle.

You snatch the KEY out of the air and give CHAS a sort of sideways glare as he goes off to rant at someone, presumably having some sort of FEELINGS JAM with GREG. You wonder what his deal's been lately, anyway. You were pissed at this DUNGEON too, but he's off FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT when you've still got your cool even after losing-- well, it's not important now. You guess it really never was.

You look around and try to find something to stick a KEY in. You ask SNAKE EYES if maybe he's seen a spot.

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
>Xavier: VICTORY DANCE
"Do- dodo-Do-dodo-DOO-do"
GOOD KNIFE
BEST WEAPON

>Wait
Your kinda hurt from the battle.

>Xavier: Rub the feather on your face to see if it has magical properties
This probably won't work.

senorcromas

Sep 24, 2009
>Rich: Remain civil.

Oh no he did not. He did not just (possibly) attack your UNCLE and then slam a DOOR in your FACE. Suddenly, a thought crosses your mind. Why was that IMP alive? It was an ENEMY in a closed environment with your UNCLE. Your UNCLE couldn't have lost, no way. He's must be... using them? Or something? You don't really know, but there must be an EXPLANATION. Your UNCLE doesn't lose. It just doesn't happen.

>Bust down the door.

Now that's a little drastic. You don't have nearly enough STRENGTH to bust a door off its HINGES. Still, IMPS don't exactly weigh much: you could probably get rid of the guard with a well timed SHOULDER CHARGE.

You jiggle the doorknob slightly, then RAM.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Chas: The IMPS cautiously try some of the HARD-BROILED CANDY CORN. Soon, they're stuffing their little IMP faces with the candy. They soon pass out from sugar overload.

As the last one drops, the door on the NORTH end of the room pops open. Oh. Well alright then.

>Greg: The Queen again asks what you would do.

>Connor: You easily make it to the beach. You can see a few clumps of CRYSTAL scattered here and there, but most of the island is covered in thick groups of trees. You spot what looks like a small path heading towards the center of the island.

>Dirk: Snake Eyes hasn't seen any of the TEMPLE besides the room he was initially stationed in, and the rooms you've dragged him through. He has no idea where to put the KEY.

>Xavier: While you're doing your VICTORY DANCE and tickling yourself with the FEATHER, the other BASILISK suddenly lunges at you. Caught off balance, both you and your foe tumble off the CLOUD, and fall towards the ground below.

Upon impact, the BASILISK is destroyed. You survive, but your HEALTH METER is at a new low, 17%. It feels like you've got a couple of broken ribs too.

On the plus side, you level up! About time too, you'd think some kind of GodMonster totally forgot about all those IMPS and OGRES you defeated a while back. Oh well, you're sure that this experience boost will totally make up for that. You hope.

You're promoted a to level 15 Boy-Skylark! You earn your first Boonbuck! Yay!

Your ribs are still busted though. Yeah, that's gonna sting in the morning.

>Rich: Your RAMMING of the DOOR slams said DOOR open. The IMP who was on the other side is flung against the far wall, and is destroyed, leaving his Grist behind.

Your UNCLES'S STUDY is empty, and it looks like there was a pretty big struggle here. There's paint everywhere, and some of your guardian's sharper tools are missing. The window is smashed open.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Think on what the Queen has told you.

You stand there on the balcony for what seems like an eternity,your mind racing with everything the Queen has told you and what you have seen in the clouds of Skaia.

You take another look at the PURPLE ENVELOPE.If what the Queen has told you,and you have little reason to doubt her,this could be the key to saving countless lives.And yet...something about this makes you uneasy.You can't explain it.Maybe it was the fear you saw in her eyes when she told you about Prospit winning the battle.A battle they were destined to lose.And this Jack Noir..what is he up to?Is this a trick or for real?

You are unsure of what to do.You look out across the whole of Prospit,out onto the city that feels so much like home.You can see PROSPITIANS moving around below,going to were ever it is they go.As you look out onto Prospit you steal a glance at your tower.A smile creeps across your face.

There may be a way to make a decision.

You take the Queen's hands and tell her that she has not failed her people.The only one she has failed is herself for believing she has failed at all.

This must be her decision as these are her people.And yet...she won't have to make the decision alone.

You point at your TOWER and tell her that what she needs are Advisers.The Princes of Prospit can be be just that.

You tell her that you will locate the other Princes and have them seek her out.And once she has all the guidance she needs,she may be able to make the right decision.

You tell her that you need more time to make your choice however as you need to think on this.But once you do,you will find her and tell her what you have chosen.

You smile at her.

"Now,your Majesty.What do you think of that?"

For simplicities sake,I decided to just do a new post on the new stuff you added Pappy so we could keep the flow going.Also,sorry if this post is a bit confusing :/

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
>Connor:Try to use your Mind powers to help you.

How are you suppose to do that exactly? Hummmm, well your power is of thought, so maybe if you just sit in the sand and think really hard, you'll figure things out!

You sit in the sand of the beach and close your eyes and start to think about what your future might hold.

>==>

You don't think of much, you then start getting trolled.

-- equilibricConcilate [EC] began trolling backroomSix [BS] --
BS: Hey
BS: Troll guy
EC: \/ troll girl but whatever
BS: Sorry
BS: So, wasup?
EC: \/ i just heard you had the illusturous title of hero of mind
BS: Yeah, I'm kinda trying to use the powers now
BS: But it's not working
EC: \/ it wouldnt
BS: Why not?
EC: \/ it is far too early for that
BS: I won't work?
BS: *wouldn't
EC: \/ i have found it far easier to just wait for the power to come than to actually try to use it
EC: \/ see i am a hero of mind as well
BS: That's cool
BS: But arn't there only two of you?
EC: \/ yes
BS: How can you play sburb with only two people?
BS: Whatever
EC: \/ it was...complicated
EC: \/ in a turn onto the rules - we both got assigned two roles
BS: Sounds cool
BS: So, I'm also a bard
EC: \/ oh alright
BS: Likly cause I'm the only one who is actaly musiclay talented
BS: I play a human insterment call the Sax
BS: It's fucking badass
EC: \/ sax
EC: \/ i have not heard of this instrument
EC: \/ do you have it anywhere near you
BS: Nah, but if you can view me dreaming I could play it for you.
BS: But you can't
BS: If memory serves
EC: \/ memory serves you well
BS: ...That's an intresting phrase
EC: \/ i meant that you were correct i cannot see you dream
BS: I know what i meant, it's just kind of a weird wording for a human
EC: \/ which would be evident why i phrased it as such then
EC: \/ but anyway
EC: \/ are you currently in the vicinity of an alchemising station
BS: Oh, that's cool
BS: But i'm on a beach?
BS: In an island
EC: \/ oh
BS: Full of cyrstals
EC: \/ i was wondering if that was the island your home was placed
EC: \/ but you seem to have travelled already
BS: I think you are viewing me at the wrong part of the timeline
EC: \/ oh my
BS: I just got off a boat and was sitting on the beach
EC: \/ how shameful
BS: It's not
BS: Everyone makes stupid mastakes
EC: \/ right well
EC: \/ as fellow hero of mind i might be able to help you along
BS: You know, what does our powers even do?
EC: \/ aside from pretty useful and harmful fraymotifs
BS: fraymotifs?
EC: \/ powerattacks
BS: Ah, I get those! Awesome
BS: OK, aside from that still
EC: \/ you will be the chessplayer whereas the other players are but pieces
EC: \/ if you do it properly
BS: Well I'm OK at chess, unless that's a metaphore, isn't it?
EC: \/ it is yes
BS: Am I gonna be like Dr. Manhatin?
BS: From the Watchmen?
EC: \/ who
BS: Nevermind, what I'
BS: m
BS: saying is that
BS: I will be able to see the future and past
EC: \/ in a way
EC: \/ you can see the results of every possible choice if you call upon your powers
BS: Including inate ablitiys like beating up someone with a club?
EC: \/ ...
EC: \/ sure
BS: I'm good at that
BS: So thats nice
BS: Hey, what type of weapon you use?
EC: \/ i have axekind
BS: That's awsome
BS: I know some guy who's headphone kind
EC: \/ TC right
BS: I forget
BS: I only talk to Xavier and Chas mostly
BS: and you two trolls.
BS: So, you viewing me on the timeline?
BS: At my present?
EC: \/ i try to keep my interactions linear
BS: Cool
BS: OK, so can you see my face now?
EC: \/ you are turned away from the screen
BS: *faces east*
BS: What about now?
BS: OK
BS: Wanting to make sure that works
BS: Hey, like my sweet duds?
BS: I look just like postal dude
EC: \/ the duds look sweet
EC: \/ i have no idea what postal is
BS: It's a video game on earth
EC: \/ but it is never an option to fight whilst being unfashionable
BS: I agree
BS: So, I better go further into the island. In case you have anymore wisdom for me, make sure to troll me and stuff.
BS: See ya
EC: \/ i will when you are near an alchemising installation
EC: \/ i have a little thing for you to use
BS: Maybe if I go back to my house.
BS: Is there anyway back there?
EC: \/ there are return nodes scattered around the world
BS: You have anyidea where to find one?
EC: \/ im pretty sure there's one on your island
BS: You mean the one I'm standing on now?
BS: I'll go look around for it then
EC: \/ good luck
BS: Thanks
BS: Follow me on this time line
BS: Until I find it
BS: K?
EC: \/ and then
EC: \/ contact you or what
BS: Contact me
EC: \/ will do
BS: I'll go in the return node
BS: Then you give me that cool item
BS: What is it, by the way?
EC: \/ it would serve as an amplifier to your heroic powers
EC: \/ if i am correct
BS: You mean, I would get control of my powers of mind?
BS: Sweet!
BS: OK, I'm goin' around the island now.
EC: \/ i dont know if it would allow activation of the powers immediately
BS: Oh, but it would help?
EC: \/ but it would make them somewhat stronger at the very least
BS: oh, one more thing
EC: \/ shoot
BS: How do you open a choconut?
BS: I need to replenish HP
BS: But I can't get the damn thing open
EC: \/ um
EC: \/ i always just crack it
BS: Yeah, but how?
BS: I tryed my leg and a baty
BS: *bat
EC: \/ ..with your pentuple grippers
BS: I don't think humans have those, unless you mean hands, cause that won't work
EC: \/ yes hands
BS: Yeah, how?
EC: \/ i dont think there is a how
BS: ...
EC: \/ you just grip the nut and squeeze
BS: Human's arn't that strong
EC: \/ i keep forgetting
BS: It's fine
BS: I'm gonna go do that think now
BS: Wish me luck
EC: \/ luck
BS: ..
BS: Bye
-- backroomSix [BS] ceased pestering equilibricConcilate [EC] --

OK, now what? You start walking around the island in search for a return gate.

>==>

You find a glowie thing leading into the water.

EC: \/ right you found one
BS: Cool
BS: Now I just jump in?
EC: \/ yup
EC: \/ prepare for some vertigo
BS: brb

>==>

You end up back in your house after one trippy ride.

EC: \/ pshoooooooo
BS: Hey, that was fun
BS: I'm back in my room, cool
EC: \/ yup
BS: OK, back to the roof I supose
EC: \/ boy your house is a mess
BS: I noticed
BS: With Shepard Pie and my dad parting, you would expect it to be
EC: \/ you mean your musclebeast sprite
BS: We call musclebeast horses or ponys here
BS: They have MLP in where ever you guys live
EC: \/ pony sounds cute
BS: yeah, don't remeind me
EC: \/ ok so perhaps you dont have enough girst for this item
BS: I might
BS: Hell, I could get more outsided
BS: *outside
EC: \/ you could pester your server player
BS: He's definelty not gonna help.
EC: \/ he should be able to help you with some upgrades for the alchemisation station
EC: \/ why wouldnt he
BS: because he's an asshole and a shitty leader
BS: Also, he's doing something
EC: \/ its chas
BS: Yeah, hate that guy
BS: What the hell is a heir anyways?
EC: \/ the following in a line of succession
BS: Ah
BS: Thanks
BS: don't know how that is a hero title
BS: Whatever
BS: I'm going downstairs
BS: brb

>Connor: Go down stairs and get some grist.

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
>Xavier: Victory dance?
""Do- dodo-Do-dodo-DOO-do"
IN PAIN
GONNA DIE

>===>
Ok, that fucking hurt.

>Xavier: Just find the second gate
Yeah, its for the best, you might find some APPLES or SOME SHIT on the way.

>Xavier: Get pestered by Letage
[12:34] -- equilibricConcilate [EC] began pestering lionizedAnon [LA] at 12:34 --
[12:34] LA: Hello.
[12:34] EC: \/ so um
[12:34] EC: \/ hi
[12:34] LA: Oh, wait,
[12:34] EC: \/ what
[12:34] LA: Illire said I can't talk to you...
[12:34] LA: But who cares?
[12:34] LA: What's up?
[12:34] EC: \/ even though you should disregard most of his nonsense
[12:34] EC: \/ why shouldnt you
[12:35] LA: I don't know.
[12:35] LA: He just said I can't.
[12:35] LA: Go figure.
[12:35] EC: \/ wow
[12:35] EC: \/ how possesive
[12:35] LA: True.
[12:35] LA: Is his your 'Matesprite' or something?
[12:36] EC: \/ 8_8 how do you know all this
[12:36] LA: He told me.
[12:36] EC: \/ wow
[12:36] EC: \/ go figure
[12:36] LA: Apperently, I am Kismesis with Connor.
[12:36] LA: ...
[12:36] LA: Ew.
[12:36] LA: Hate-snogging...
[12:36] EC: \/ 8_< i kinda knew that
[12:36] LA: I didn't need to...
[12:37] EC: \/ anyway
[12:37] LA: Hm?
[12:37] EC: \/ i guess this is quite ironic as mage of life to be the last to hear this
[12:37] LA: What?
[12:37] EC: \/ not to play with your emotions i am truely sorry
[12:37] EC: \/ but theres been a death in your posse
[12:37] LA: Who!?
[12:38] EC: \/ beth avouLeance
[12:38] LA: Oh God.
[12:38] LA: No.
[12:38] LA: No.
[12:38] LA: NO
[12:38] LA: Why!?
[12:38] LA: How?!
[12:39] LA: TELL ME!
[12:39] EC: \/ she got killed by the games constructs
[12:39] EC: \/ after which her guardian destroyed her planet
[12:39] LA: GODDAMNIT!
[12:39] LA: THIS FUCKING GAEM
[12:40] LA: HOW THE FUCK CAN IT JUST KILL SOMEONE WRECKLESSLY?!
[12:40] LA: God, why?

>===>
You wipe a single tear that rolls down on your cheek.

>====>
[12:40] LA: I should protected her.
[12:40] LA: I should of watched her.
[12:40] EC: \/ there could have been no other outcome xavier
[12:40] EC: \/ this was bound to happen
[12:40] EC: \/ dont blame yourself
[12:41] LA: Oh God..
[12:41] LA: I've could've help.
[12:41] EC: \/ take it from someone who knows
[12:41] EC: \/ you couldnt have
[12:41] LA: Oh God.
[12:42] EC: \/ might i suggest talking to GK
[12:42] LA: WhY?
[12:42] -- lionizedAnon [LA] changed their mood to DISTRAUGHT --
[12:42] EC: \/ he seems to be the mediator in your group
[12:42] EC: \/ perchance he can help you cope
[12:43] LA: Oh...
[12:43] LA: Right...
[12:43] EC: \/ or perhaps to your leader
[12:43] LA: Yeah,
[12:43] LA: probably.
[12:44] EC: \/ believe me when i say i am really sorry for the loss you all had to endure
[12:44] LA: Had?
[12:44] LA: What the hell are you talking about?
[12:44] EC: \/ had / have
[12:45] LA: That's past tense?
[12:45] LA: Are you in the future?
[12:45] EC: \/ in a way
[12:45] EC: \/ i broke the news to your leader hours ago
[12:45] EC: \/ from my perspective
[12:45] EC: \/ from yours it cant be more than half an hour
[12:46] LA: What am I doing right now?
[12:46] EC: \/ um sorry
[12:46] EC: \/ what do you mean
[12:47] LA: A half an hour from now?
[12:47] EC: \/ i think you were busy - or had just made it - into the medium
[12:47] EC: \/ its hard to tell precicely
[12:47] LA: Ok.
[12:49] LA: Thank you.
[12:49] LA: I truly do mean it.
[12:50] EC: \/ for what?
[12:50] LA: Just telling me.
[12:50] LA: Thank you.
[12:50] EC: \/ oh
[12:50] EC: \/ well your welcome i guess?
[12:50] LA: Goodbye.
[12:50] EC: \/ bye xavier
[12:50] -- lionizedAnon [LA] ceased pestering equilibricConcilate [EC] at 12:50 --

>===>
This is absolutely terrible. Why would someone allow this to happen?

>Xavier: Be someone more calm

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Chas: It appears that you've entered an extra-wide room, at least twice as large as each of the other chambers you've been in so far. Also in the room with you are several groups of IMPS, and a couple OGRES. They begin to advance towards you.

>Greg: The Queen smiles, and thanks you for your wise words. She will take your advice to heart.

>Connor: After scrambling around the island for a while, you stumble across a RETURN NODE. Stepping through it deposits you back on the roof of your APARTMENT.

As you head downstairs, you notice a whole lot of balloons, streamers, and banners hung all over the place, and can hear music wafting throughout the building.

Once you make it back to the ground, you find that you already collected all the Grist last time you were here. It doesn't look like anymore has been dropped.

>Xavier: The GROUND is surprisingly barren. There are a few clumps of grass, with the occasional tree, but besides that there isn't any sign of life.

After stumbling around for a while, you spot a small HUT in the distance.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Bow to Queen before leaping off balcony

You smile to the Queen.It is your job to help in anyway you can.

You look toward the TOWER you were in and decide to locate the other Prince of Prospit,besides Chas.

You bow then hop onto the ledge of the balcony and tell the Queen that you look forward to the next time you two talk.May luck be on her side.

With that you leap off the balcony and fly over to the location of the TOWER containing the last Prince of Prospit.

When you find it,like last time,you peer into the ROOM through the window.

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
>Connor: Quickly pester someone.

You pester Chas, seeing how he's the only one you like who's on. Well, you hate him, but whatever.

-- backroomSix [BS] began pestering snickeringSurrogate [SS] --
BS: Hey Chas
SS: this better be important.
BS: Yeah, I think I like the trolls better than humans
BS: They seem like overall cooler guys
BS: So, what's up with you?
SS: oh my fuck
SS: i just
SS: no
BS: What?
SS: i don't need this
BS: What?
SS: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
SS: IT'S HARD
SS: BEING A KID AND GROWING UP
SS: IT'S HARD AND NOBODY UNDERSTANDS
-- snickeringSurrogate [SS] ceased pestering backroomSix [BS] --

Man, you wonder if he's alright. You better talk to the troll lady and ask her to check his timeline to see if he's doing OK.

>Connor: Check out the party stuff.