Zero Punctuation: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Kinokiro

Apr 23, 2008
Thank you Senaro, that's what I was thinking :) I didn't feel like searching for it... Haha. I knew somebody was related,

Mar 30, 2008
nightfish said:
Joined to vote Valve said:
Unlocking characters is meant to be easy. If you play the single player (on co-op for more fun) you can get through the whole think in eight hours, tops. That really isn't asking that much. You could probably do it much faster if you dropped the difficulty
you sir have said why I won't buy the game. 8 hours or less? is that all i get for my hard earned cash
Doing it on Intense is much more challenging, there are like twenty other modes to play, and the game is based on multiplayer anyway. So no.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
The real question here is:

How many folks actually comprehend the significance of Bill Murray in that joke?

A question whose answer is surely going to make you feel more old than realizing you're one of the few that started with Final Fantasy 1 and not 7.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
I think this forum is going to get really nasty before it is all over. Only an hour it's been up and the sheer level of ownage going on is pretty incredible. Thanks @ Garfgarog for pointing out that the whole "overrated" argument is just circular logic. Why is it bad? Because it's overrated. Why is it overrated? Because it's bad.
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy (I've never even finished a Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game), but I was fighting mad after this review, mostly for the same reasons that Kermi was. I can only imagine how the big N faithful are going to react.

Kinokiro

Apr 23, 2008
As per unlocking Snake: It's not really that hard at all, nor does it take hours. All you need to do is play 15 brawls on Shadow Moses Island. Easily done, set the stock to one, and walk off the stage 15 times... Then beat Snake when he challenges you.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
ccesarano said:

How many folks actually comprehend the significance of Bill Murray in that joke?
I got the reference. I drank twice.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
My god, what he said about "THAT guy" is so true.

Yahtzee is truly gifted at putting into hilariously scathing words concepts that never found a suitable vehicle for escaping my own mind.

fajerkaos

Mar 21, 2008
Garfgarog said:
How clever and witty. Must have taken you a whole 20 minutes to come up with that on your own.
Haha, I like you, you are funny.
Everything the comments above did, was to praise the review.
I didn't notice anyone behaving like an idiot before you showed up, with I found rather funny.

(and yes, I'm pretty slow at writing replies, mostly because English isn't my native language, and 'cause my internet connection sucks)

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
I can't say I was surprised by the review - Yahtzee hates Nintendo repetition and as for the actual game there isn't much to say about it other than you beat the tar out of each other.

I still love it though.

Kinokiro

Apr 23, 2008
Garfgarog said:
Kinokiro said:
Well, judging from the review, it looks like he played it with the Wiimote... which in itself is a retarded mode to play on... Definitely worth hooking up the GC controller for.
Personally, I use the Wii Remote and I fare very well against a lot of people I play against, including some 'tourneyfags' I know who all use the Gamecube controller. I've gotten so used to it by now, I can't even play with a GC controller anymore. I don't see anything inherently worse in using the remote.
I just can't get used to the wiimote. Maybe the Chuckmote (always in the mood for random stick-waggling, Haha!), but the GC serves me well. Maybe I'm just old fashioned :) I'd use an N64 controller, if I could!

Melty Blood

Dec 22, 2007
fajerkaos said:
Garfgarog said:
How clever and witty. Must have taken you a whole 20 minutes to come up with that on your own.
Haha, I like you, you are funny.
Everything the comments above did, was to praise the review.
I didn't notice anyone behaving like an idiot before you showed up, with I found rather funny.
(and yes, I'm pretty slow at writing replies, mostly because English isn't my native language, and 'cause my internet connection sucks)
Now now, settle down girls. We're starting to look like every other retarded forum on the internet.

renard

Feb 5, 2008
ccesarano said:

I'm sure most have comprehended it (groundhog day was a wonderful movie), but it still would be awesome using Bill Murray on brawl.

Wonko the Sane

Apr 23, 2008
These are exactly the kind of people he was talking about, brilliant

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?p=10024665#post10024665

The Tingler

Oct 3, 2007
The absolute highlight of the review for me was the *****-slap of Nintendo about Mother 3. Earthbound (Mother 2) was one of the greatest games of all time, and yet Nintendo seem determined to keep the series entirely in Japan. We don't want Doshin The Giant Nintendo, we want the Mother series you ****s.

Kinokiro

Apr 23, 2008
Tingler: I agree... it would have made the Mother reference way better if they had actually released the series here. Until Brawl, I had no idea what "New Pork City" or Lucas had to do with anything (other than they were from SOME Earthbound[Mother] game)

Melty Blood

Dec 22, 2007
Garfgarog said:
m_jim said:
I think this forum is going to get really nasty before it is all over. Only an hour it's been up and the sheer level of ownage going on is pretty incredible. Thanks @ Garfgarog for pointing out that the whole "overrated" argument is just circular logic. Why is it bad? Because it's overrated. Why is it overrated? Because it's bad.
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy (I've never even finished a Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game), but I was fighting mad after this review, mostly for the same reasons that Kermi was. I can only imagine how the big N faithful are going to react.
I think it'll be about the same as Halo 3, except situation is reversed in that I'm arguing for the game this time against legions of the same kind of blind fools that all immediately bend over to let Yahtzee have his way with them unconditionally, or the types that try to pass off their personal tastes as a global standard.

That and it would seem that the user base for this board by and large is filled with self-important egotistical elitists, it leads to problems. Yahtzee's been forced into a 'hatred' skew because that's what everyone tells them they like, so he'll always try to point out the negative, and right off the bat you'll have 8:1 of the posts to follow agreeing unconditionally.
OR maybe some people have the maturity to keep their opinions to themselves. By reacting to defend brawl, you're naturally going to look like a fanboy. "Oh my, he didn't like my game, and they all agree with him! Don't worry mama, they're all stupid."